Default WM Decorations

Philip Newborough corenominal at corenominal.org
Sat Oct 3 14:49:23 UTC 2009

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 12:58:21 +0300
Jarno Suni <jarno.ilari.suni at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 2:19 AM, Philip Newborough
> <corenominal at corenominal.org> wrote:
>
> > So anyhow, I set about making some modifications to the Default
> > window decorations and made both the active and inactive windows
> > blend. I also changed the inactive title text colour so that it has
> > less contrast.
>
> IMO you changed it too much: it is hard to read the title from my CRT
> display that displays dark colors dark.

Thank you for the feedback. I have not used a CRT for a number of years
and forget that they can sometimes struggle with low contrast design. :/

> IMO title bar and menu bar should have different color, since they
> react differently to e.g. dragging.

I guess this is the subjective part. You could be correct when you
say they should be coloured differently, but I think this really
only applies to new users -- though I have no hard evidence or
statistics to say either way. :)

 -- Philip