Default WM Decorations

Steve Dodier sidnioulz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 08:33:34 UTC 2009

Hello Philip,

We actually took some time to think about the problem. We know that the
lighter shade is not very beautiful, but if you open about 4 terminals and
press alt+tab randomly, it's much easier to spot which one is the focused
one when all other windows have a different WM border colour. Of course, the
screenshot of your modified theme looks much better, but we would probably
have more users confused about which window is focused, which would make
their use of Xubuntu much less agreeable. I don't think there is a perfect
solution to this problem, apart from hacking GTK+ to be able to theme
inactiive and active windows differently, which I doubt will happen someday,
unfortunately.

--
Steve Dodier
Student at École Normale Supérieure d'Ingénieurs de Bourges