9.10 and beyond

Steve Dodier sidnioulz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 16:38:48 UTC 2009

Hi Christophe,

While I'd like to investigate Xfburn over Brasero (but this takes time to
test the apps, make sure they work, etc, and my CD drive kind of died), I
don't think wicd can replace networkmanager, for a very simple reason: it's
GUI is really, really not intuitive and easy to use. I haven't tested
MPlayer for quite some time, but I remember I clearly preferred Totem's GUI
over the alternatives' ones, because it was just simple and doing it's job
for most basic uses. I may one day recommend Parole over Totem, when I think
it came to feature parity, but I don't think MPlayer or VLC would be any
better for end users.

--
Steve Dodier
Student at École Nationale Supérieure d'Ingénieurs de Bourges