9.10 and beyond

Christopher Desjardins cddesjardins at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 16:26:12 UTC 2009

Hi,
I just wanted to also send my congratulations on 9.10. Not only is it a nice
looking desktop but it definitely appears that the team is making strides in
the right direction.
Additionally, I have some questions about some of the default software.
Brasero, why wasn't xfburn used instead? My experiences with it are that
it's pretty fully functional. Also, why NetworkManager over wicd? Is it
because NetworkManager has more options? Finally, why Totem instead of
MPlayer?
Anyways, as I said I think that 9.10 is a terrific release and it certainly
is the fullest desktop experience that I've encountered out of any XFCE
based distro.