Congratz on release of 9.10

Cody A.W. Somerville cody-somerville at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 1 01:59:34 UTC 2009

Hello Xubuntu Developers and Contributors,

I'm currently on a several hour drive to my new home in Ontario - another
province in  Canada - but wanted to send a quick email to everyone to thank
them for the hard work they invested in helping produce Xubuntu 9.10.

I should have internet at my new residence later this week and am looking
forward to reviewing what we accomplished in karmic (which was a lot) and
what we want to aim for in lucid.

I imagine we're going to see some changes in our leadership in lucid or
lucid+1. I think I've made a decent go as the project lead in previous
releases but felt I left a lot to be desired for karmic due to my
increasingly limited time. The fact that karmic turned out great anyhow I
feel is an indication that its time to pass the reigns on to someone else.
Regardless of what happens, I will continue to contribute to Xubuntu for the
foreseeable future. I'll write more on this later.

Anyhow, once again: big thanks to everyone. Be proud and be sure to pat each
other on the pack. Karmic is the best release yet and I love using it.

Cheers,