Wiki modifications

Steve Dodier sidnioulz at gmail.com
Sun May 31 14:47:38 UTC 2009

Hello,

I took upon myself to rewrite and add some wiki pages in the Specifications/
part, to help contributors design specifications, and to help us track
current specifications.

I modified https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Specifications a little, and
created the following pages that need review :

   - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Specifications/Template is a template
   page for Jaunty/Karmic/Lobotomized, etc
   -
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Specifications/Template/ReleaseSpecificSpecTemplateis
a spec template for Xubuntu

I changed the "Add a spec" pages to use this template, which may need to be
improved. I'm right now going to update my own specification. Two specs need
to be updated :

   - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Specifications/Karmic/GPicViewVsGeeqie(wiki
admins, feel free to rename to DefaultImageViewer, and also, maybe
   sarts could add Ristretto to the comparison as he apparently develops it and
   made good progress on it, from what i saw at UDS)
   -
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Specifications/Karmic/ThunderbirdVsClaws(DefaultMailClient
? I'm really not concerned by this, I use gmail :P)

There are a few missing specs, like : Slim Xubuntu session down / Artwork
for Karmic / Documentation rewrite / Indicator applet integration (if
someone's on it, either i'll begin it as soon as my own spec is entirely
implemented).

Feedback welcome.

Cordially, SD.

--