Jaunty Artwork - almost done?!

Fri Mar 20 16:08:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I forwarded a GTK theme suggestion to Pasi, but it would need to be
> tested similar to how we tested the shiki-colors / dark murrina themes
> for use on a more low-powered system.  Pasi may not even like the
> theme, but it is included in the repos already, and I find it pretty
> complimentary to our current color scheme.  The theme package in the
> repos is just called "murrine-themes", and it incorporates a number of
> themes that wouldn't match our color scheme, but a couple that might
> work.  If it's too late to include this, or you don't like the themes
> in there, I guess we can stick with Murrina Storm Cloud.
>
> Here is a link to a screenshot of my laptop with the Murrina Gilouche
> theme installed.
> http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6951/screenshot1gpz.png  All other
> theme elements are the defaults for 9.04.

I never really liked Gilouche, but it does seem to complement the rest very
well, looks better than StormCloud does nowadays and more usable than
tangoesque. So +1 from me :)

I believe Michael said he knew how to do Usplash, so... :)

> Nice work on the Yay! items, Pasi.  :)  Hopefully we can get the "boo"
> items squared away.  If not, we are still in pretty good shape for a
> nice-looking desktop.
>
> Jim
>

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Pasi Lallinaho <open at knome.fi> wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > we're really close to getting everything ready. Here is again a quick
> > recap of things.
> >
> > 1. Yay!
> >
> > - GDM theme. It now even has XDMCP-login button thus fixing bug #71412.
> > Thanks Charlie and everybody for testing and giving feedback.
> > - Wallpaper (also in widescreen).
> > - Icon theme "Gnome Brave". Needs reviewing!
> > (- xfwm theme.)
> > - Countdown banners!
> >
> > Thanks Lionel for the hard work done uploading things and doing the
> > package management.
> >
> > 2. Boo!
> >
> > - GTK theme. Shall we stick with MurrineStormCloud?
> > - Usplash.
> >
> > 3. Mmh?
> >
> > We created a JS feature carousel for Ubuntu (see
> > http://emonk.fi/open/ubuntu/Feature%20Carousel/). Do we want for Xubuntu
> > as well? What should that include? Remember we can for example do this
> > for the last three days.
> >
> > Some ideas for this: "Xfce 4.6", "All new artwork", "Cute mice!", "With
> > cheese", "Brought to you by the Xubuntu Team" and if we're doing this
> > for some last days: "Experience the Jaunty Jackalope", "Supported until
> > blahblah" ...

We could do that, perhaps we could base that on the release notes which will
probably be done way too late again otherwise ;-)

--
Vincent