Xubuntu 9.04 Beta Release Announcement

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 25 05:29:34 GMT 2009

Hi All,

The Xubuntu 9.04 Beta release is almost here!  As part of the release, we
need to prepare the Beta release announcement, and I was hoping that people
could note particular improvements.  Seeing as this is the first set of
release announcements coming specifically from Xubuntu, I figure we can
include any key updates from 8.10.  Here are some highlights that I can
think of:

* complete migration to Xfce 4.6
 - neat feature 1
 - neat feature 2
 - neat feature 300
* inclusion of Gigolo, an Xfce utility to assist with mounting of network
* fast-user switcher applet
* Availability of Ext4 filesystems (w/ Ext3 by default)
* Thunderbird now includes the Lightning Calendar extension by default
* Well integrated artwork, giving Xubuntu a polished, cohesive new look

I know there is a lot more updates.  What would you like to be included in
the release announcement?  Thanks, all.