Jaunty Artwork Update

Lionel Le Folgoc mrpouit at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 16 19:18:03 UTC 2009

Hi there,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 01:23:39AM +0200, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> 1. GDM theme
>
> The GDM theme for Jaunty has been finished for now. Please test it so it
> can be included into xubuntu-artwork. Lionel, will you help me with this?
> > http://emonk.fi/open/xubuntu/9.04%20Jaunty/GDM%20theme/

Pushed in lp:~xubuntu-team/xubuntu-artwork/trunk (r5).

> 2. Icon theme
>
> We are going to use GNOME brave as the icon set. We need to include this
> (temporarily) in xubuntu-artwork. Lionel? :)
> > http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/GNOME-colors?content=82562

The whole gnome-brave directory is ~36M. Is that still okay to put it in
xubuntu-artwork, which will grow from ~10M to ~46M uncompressed
(probably from ~6M to ~13M compressed, which is better)?

(I'm still convinced it's not optimal, but as it has already been
decided, that's only to have the final ACK from Cody before
uploading.)

> 3. GTK+ theme
>
> It is a bit open whether we are able to ship a dark theme because the
> tight timespan until release. MurrinaStormCloud supposedly is the theme
> we are shipping if no miracles happen.
>
> A dark theme might be shipped as an update after Jaunty release.

Nothing to change in the packaging at the moment then (imvho, you
should try to do it for jaunty, or wait for karmic, but not release it
as an update for jaunty as people won't notice it...).

> 4. xfwm theme
>
> Default Xfce 4.6 theme is used as is.

Already enabled by default.

> 5. Wallpaper
>
> The wallpaper is ready to be included in xubuntu-artwork. I've exported
> normal and widescreen versions. Lionel has (been) volunteered to do this.
> > http://emonk.fi/open/xubuntu/9.04%20Jaunty/Wallpaper

Pushed in lp:~xubuntu-team/xubuntu-artwork/trunk (r6), and set by
default in lp:xubuntu-default-settings (r63).

> 6. Usplash
>
> A new Usplash will be possibly shipped as an update after Jaunty
> release. I'm working on that with Michael.

(See my remark for the dark gtk+ theme ;)

> 7. Documentation
>
> I'm working with Jim to make the documentation look more Xubuntuish.
> Look at the Team Report page for completed items once they appear.
>
> 8. Thanks!

No, thank you! :P

> You've been a great help. Keep on the good work!
>
> --
> Pasi Lallinaho
> Xubuntu Marketing Lead
> Web-designer, graphic artist
> IRC: knome @ freenode

Cheers,
Lionel

--
Lionel Le Folgoc - https://launchpad.net/~mrpouit
EEBA 555E 0CDE 92BB 3AF4  4AB3 45A0 357B 5179 5910