Jaunty Artwork Update

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Mon Mar 16 00:30:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 01:23:39 +0200
Pasi Lallinaho <open at knome.fi> wrote:

> 1. GDM theme
>
> The GDM theme for Jaunty has been finished for now. Please test it so
> it can be included into xubuntu-artwork. Lionel, will you help me
> with this?
> > http://emonk.fi/open/xubuntu/9.04%20Jaunty/GDM%20theme/
>
> 2. Icon theme
>
> We are going to use GNOME brave as the icon set. We need to include
> this (temporarily) in xubuntu-artwork. Lionel? :)
> > http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/GNOME-colors?content=82562
>

> 3. GTK+ theme
>
> It is a bit open whether we are able to ship a dark theme because the
> tight timespan until release. MurrinaStormCloud supposedly is the
> theme we are shipping if no miracles happen.
>
> A dark theme might be shipped as an update after Jaunty release.
>
> 4. xfwm theme
>
> Default Xfce 4.6 theme is used as is.
>
> 5. Wallpaper
>
> The wallpaper is ready to be included in xubuntu-artwork. I've
> exported normal and widescreen versions. Lionel has (been)
> volunteered to do this.
> > http://emonk.fi/open/xubuntu/9.04%20Jaunty/Wallpaper
>
> 6. Usplash
>
> A new Usplash will be possibly shipped as an update after Jaunty
> release. I'm working on that with Michael.
>
> 7. Documentation
>
> I'm working with Jim to make the documentation look more Xubuntuish.
> Look at the Team Report page for completed items once they appear.
>
> 8. Thanks!
>
> You've been a great help. Keep on the good work!

Tested on my PII, 400MHz, 256MB ram. This gdm theme is good looking on
that old system. It is as fast/slow as the other themes. The icons on
top centered on the screen, a side effect of aligning them to the login
entry, perhaps.

The login is offset to the left of center and looks good. All the text
is very readable (thanks). The CAPS-LOCK notice is great! Also like the
way it tells me immediately I forgot the name on login. I no longer
have to hit enter or type a password when I forgot to type the name.

The icons on top brighten a bit when hovered over, but the light up
when selected is great! I know which one I hit, without wondering. The
pop-up boxes for language and session come up faster then standard
themes. It is almost instantaneous on the old machine.

The login timer for automatic timed logins is visible without straining
my eyes.

I also installed this on my work machine. Athlon 64, 2.2GHz, 3 GB ram.
It looks better on it, but I also have it connected to an LCD.

All in all, a very nice theme here. If there are no objections, let us
use it.

--
Charlie Kravetz