Jaunty Artwork

vidd vidd at crosslink.net
Sun Mar 8 19:17:00 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Vincent
To: Xubuntu Development Discussion
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 7:59 AM
Subject: Re: Jaunty Artwork

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Pasi Lallinaho
<open at knome.fi> wrote:

Charlie Kravetz wrote:

> I did test these using a P2 400MHz cpu with 320MB ram.
The video card
> only has 4MB memory, so this could be greatly different
than a new
> system. I did not find any of these slow my system down
more than any
> other, which normally is very noticable with an old
system.

> If need be, I can lower the ram to 128MB and repeat the
tests

Thanks Charlie for the valuable information! If you want to
test with
128 (or probably 192, because that's our minimum
recommended for
desktop), it would be great.

In that case - great! This means we can use it now with
perhaps a hardly noticeable speed decrease (and the user
can always change the themes if he really cares), and since
the theme author wants to move to Murrine that will improve
in future releases as well. (Of course, it needs to run
usable enough on 192MB).

One more update: My suggestion for countdown banners for
Jaunty can be
seen at http://emonk.fi/open/xubuntu/jaunty-countdown/.
Those pictures
are created by a very intelligent script, so modifications
can be done
easily.

Ha, very nice, it's just a bit unclear that this is about
Xubuntu (i.e. the name is minuscule, my resolution is
1280x1024 so imagine what it looks like in 1024x800!).

My resolution is 1024x800.... looks just fine
Also you should keep in mind that the countdown banner goes
on the Xubuntu website....If people DONT know its for
Xubuntu ...  =]

--
Pasi Lallinaho
Xubuntu Marketing Lead