How-to install without CD?

deemarie at fastmail.fm deemarie at fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 7 01:52:02 UTC 2009

Dear Xubuntu

I would like instructions on how to install Xubuntu 8.10 from an iso
image that is on my hard drive.
Also, if it matters,  which  ISO image would I need to download....
Desktop CD or Alternate install CD... in order to accomplish this?

I was able to do this for Puppy Linux. Unzipped iso to C:\, added grldr
and menu.lst to C:\boot.images folder,  modified boot.ini  adding
C:\GRLDR="Puppy Menu".
That made a "frugal install".  From there you can do normal/full install
to another hard drive/partition.

That's what I'm looking to do with your Xubuntu.  Puppy Linux was awful.

I'm running Windows 2000pro btw.  866PIII, 512ram.
I'd like to put Xubuntu on hda3 (I:)

Thank you
Deemarie

  deemarie at fastmail.fm