Jaunty Artwork

Pasi Lallinaho open at knome.fi
Fri Mar 6 21:20:15 UTC 2009

Vincent wrote:

> [...]
>     >
>     >     Anyway, I suggest some action on this and totally want any
>     >     feedback and
>     >     all of your opinions.
>     >
>     >     ICON THEME
>     >
>     >     I've suggested Gnome-brave (see
>     >
>     http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/GNOME-colors?content=82562)
>     >     as the icon set (also referring to our discussion at UDS!),
>     but there
>     >     hasn't been any further conversation on the subject.
>     >
>     >     I need your comments on this as well.
>     >
>     >     XFWM THEME
>     >
>     >     I'm using the "Default" in Xubuntu Jaunty and I'm totally
>     satisfied
>     >     this. You are allowed to disagree. Please do tell any negative
>     >     feelings
>     >     out loud, if you have some issues with this.
>     >
>     >     I repeat once more; please do express any concerns, visions,
>     comments
>     >     and agreement noises!
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > I love the wallpaper and GDM theme (I would go for #2 as well). The
>     > Jaunty xfwm4 theme looked good too.
>     >
>     > The GNOME-Colors was (IIRC) already decided to be the icon theme a
>     > long while ago, but was never packaged. Luckily, someone has now
>     > picked up packaging, see
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/261988
>     >
>     > By the way, perhaps we should also look at refreshing the Usplash
>     > theme (and get rid of that odd reflection on the logo, which is the
>     > old logo anyway)? And perhaps even the logo on the LiveCD.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     Pasi Lallinaho
>     >     Xubuntu Marketing Lead
>     >     Web-designer, graphic artist
>     >     IRC: knome @ freenode
>     >
>     >
>     > Thanks,
>     >
>     > --
>     > Vincent
>     Hi Vincent,
>
>     you're right about the Usplash theme. That totally need
>     refreshing. Now
>     I only need somebody to push an image to the Usplash package,
>     because I
>     have no clue on how to do that. :)
>

> Heh, yeah I believe it was quite complicated - or at least, that
> you're only allowed a specific colour palette for the Usplash (though
> that was set to change, IIRC, if Red Hat's whatsitcalled, Plymouth or

I think Plymouth won't be used (it was discussed at UDS). That would've
been replacement for GDM also. So we have to cope with the color
restrictions.

>     We're also updating the images in Yelp to be Xubuntu specific
>     (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-doc/+bug/332687).
>

> Very cool :)
>

>     Thanks for the update on GNOME-Colors, I'll subscribe to the bug
>     to see
>     what's going on (though it doesn't look as good as it might be).
>
>     I have to admit that I don't know what you are meaning by the LiveCD
>     logo
>

> I'm referring to the logo you see above the menu when you boot from CD
> (the menu that says "Try Xubuntu without installation", "Install
> Xubuntu", "Check CD for Defects", that stuff).
Ok, now I'm on the map. I somehow thought it was almost the same as
Usplash? At least I think it has the same restrictions as the Usplash,
so the same artwork would work for both places. We only need somebody to
put it into place. Cody? :)