Jaunty Artwork

Fri Mar 6 21:13:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Pasi Lallinaho <open at knome.fi> wrote:

> [...]
> >     > </statements of personal impressions and preferences>
> >     Hi Jim and everybody,
> >
> >     here's some comments about GTK+, icon and xfwm themes.
> >
> >     GTK+ THEME
> >
> >     I've also talked about the GTK+ theme selection. On
> >     http://emonk.fi/open/xubuntu/jaunty-gtk/ you can see screenshots
> from
> >     MurrinaStormCloud and Murrina-Tangoesque. I think *Cloud is nice
> >     looking, but is a bit too contrasted. The contrast on *Tangoesque is
> >     fine for me, but might be too uncontrasted for many. Something
> between
> >     these would be perfect (that's only my opinion) - either of them
> >     is fine
> >     for me otherwise.
> >
> >     Both the themes have the problem that the scrollbar is *way* too
> light
> >     for the window borders. Maybe we can just adjust this color and the
> >     color of the window borders to fit the background.
> >
> >     What comes about changing a theme, we might be a bit late on the
> >     release
> >     cycle. I also don't have any experience on GTK+ themes, so maybe
> >     in Karmic?
> >
> >     Anyway, I suggest some action on this and totally want any
> >     feedback and
> >     all of your opinions.
> >
> >     ICON THEME
> >
> >     I've suggested Gnome-brave (see
> >
> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/GNOME-colors?content=82562)
> >     as the icon set (also referring to our discussion at UDS!), but there
> >     hasn't been any further conversation on the subject.
> >
> >     I need your comments on this as well.
> >
> >     XFWM THEME
> >
> >     I'm using the "Default" in Xubuntu Jaunty and I'm totally satisfied
> >     this. You are allowed to disagree. Please do tell any negative
> >     feelings
> >     out loud, if you have some issues with this.
> >
> >     I repeat once more; please do express any concerns, visions, comments
> >     and agreement noises!
> >

> > I love the wallpaper and GDM theme (I would go for #2 as well). The
> > Jaunty xfwm4 theme looked good too.
> >
> > The GNOME-Colors was (IIRC) already decided to be the icon theme a
> > long while ago, but was never packaged. Luckily, someone has now
> > picked up packaging, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/261988
> >
> > By the way, perhaps we should also look at refreshing the Usplash
> > theme (and get rid of that odd reflection on the logo, which is the
> > old logo anyway)? And perhaps even the logo on the LiveCD.
> >

> >     --
> >     Pasi Lallinaho
> >     Xubuntu Marketing Lead
> >     Web-designer, graphic artist
> >     IRC: knome @ freenode
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Vincent
> Hi Vincent,
>
> you're right about the Usplash theme. That totally need refreshing. Now
> I only need somebody to push an image to the Usplash package, because I

Heh, yeah I believe it was quite complicated - or at least, that you're only
allowed a specific colour palette for the Usplash (though that was set to
change, IIRC, if Red Hat's whatsitcalled, Plymouth or something, were to be
adopted). GIYF.

> We're also updating the images in Yelp to be Xubuntu specific
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-doc/+bug/332687).

Very cool :)

> Thanks for the update on GNOME-Colors, I'll subscribe to the bug to see
> what's going on (though it doesn't look as good as it might be).
>
> I have to admit that I don't know what you are meaning by the LiveCD
> logo

I'm referring to the logo you see above the menu when you boot from CD (the
menu that says "Try Xubuntu without installation", "Install Xubuntu", "Check
CD for Defects", that stuff).

> , but yes, we definitely want to change that too (because it's most
> possibly outdated anyway). I can get back to this once I can download
> images somehow quickly (I'm *still* connecting through Bluetooth+phone).
>
> Any other as good (and worse also :P) notes are still welcome.
>
> --
> Pasi Lallinaho
> Xubuntu Marketing Lead
> Web-designer, graphic artist