Jaunty Artwork

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 6 20:23:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Pasi Lallinaho <open at knome.fi> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> just a quick message/request for comments about artwork to Jaunty. We
> have been discussing the artwork for Jaunty in #xubuntu-devel lately, as
> many of you know.
>
> You can look at something ready at
> http://emonk.fi/open/xubuntu/jaunty-artwork/.

<statements of personal impressions and preferences>
Pasi, these are beautiful.  Thank you so much for putting them together.  My
personal preference is for GDM #2, but it is not a strong preference.  I
think any one of them would be great.

The wallpaper is super-great, too.  :)  I like how the Xubuntu logo is so
big on the page, but so nicely integrated.

Have we settled on an icon, gtk, or xfwm theme yet?  In regards to the GTK
theme, Murrina Storm Cloud is nice looking, but it seems we have used it for
the past 3 or 4 releases.  It would be nice for a change if we can find a
suitable replacement.  As for xfwm4 themes, I like Xfce 4.6's default xfwm4
theme.

Again, great work!  =)

Jim
</statements of personal impressions and preferences>