Free Quick Ship Discs ready

Todd Robinson todd at webpath.net
Fri Jul 31 20:03:43 UTC 2009

Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> Todd Robinson wrote:
>
>> Vincent wrote:
>>

>>> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Pasi Lallinaho <open at knome.fi
>>> <mailto:open at knome.fi>> wrote:

>>>         On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Todd Robinson
>>>         <todd at webpath.net <mailto:todd at webpath.net>> wrote:
>>>
>>>             Ok, I received some really great input from the beta test.
>>>             It turned out
>>>             that just about everyone except American Express users had
>>>             a problem
>>>             checking out with the product showing no cost. I'm told it
>>>             is because of
>>>             "fraud prevention" measures.
>>>
>>>             I've now taken a much more standard approach of using sets
>>>             of direct
>>>             attributes and it looks like the Quick Ship service is
>>>             ready to go.
>>>
>>>             When linking PLEASE link directly to the Quick Ship wiki
>>>             page. It
>>>             contains important information and links to two separate
>>>             pages to obtain
>>>             discs. One for domestic U.S. the other world wide. It will
>>>             also reflect
>>>             any future changes to the program.
>>>             https://on-disk.com/cms/index.php?wiki=Quick_Ship_Free_Disc_Service
>>>
>>>             I'm wondering if any developers have an objection to me
>>>             turning off the
>>>             standard Xubuntu listing?
>>>             http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/707
>>>
>>>             Please let me know if there are any objections,
>>>             Todd
>>>

>>>         OK then, I don't think anybody objected so I suppose I can add
>>>         it to the website now. One question: should I still mark this
>>>         as being a trial? Also, if you ever decide to stop this
>>>         program, could you notify me and the xubuntu-devel list?
>>>
>>>         Not sure what you mean by "turning off the standard Xubuntu
>>>         listing" btw.
>>>
>>>         Thanks,
>>>
>>>         --
>>>         Vincent
>>>
>>>         --

>>>     Vincent,
>>>
>>>     If I understand correctly the Xubuntu disc won't be available as
>>>     "normal" On-disk.com purchase, but only as the Quick service,
>>>     which is more manual than the normal one.
>>>

>>> Still not sure what the difference is :P
>>>

>>>     And sure, I think we can already include a link on our website.
>>>     Just make sure it's not "official" or Canonical supported thing in
>>>     any way but merely a free software community effort.
>>>

>>> Of course, it will be clear that it's not an effort by Canonical nor
>>> the Xubuntu Developers :)
>>>
>>> One more question: could we see a photo of what the disks look like?
>>> Just out of curiosity...
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Vincent
>>>

>> Here is a PNG of the graphic we print directly to a silver CD. The CD
>> looks much better than this graphic, but at the moment Karlie has the
>> camera and she's out looking for a birthday present for me so I'm not
>> going to interrupt her ;)
> [...]
SVG is fine. We use the gimps .xcf files for printing and do all our
editing in the gimp. It imports svg fine. We don't have a svg of the
logo, but I can add the On-Disk.com logo to whatever you can provide, in
an unobtrusive way of course, which the normal process here. When you
have a "final" or near final image to use I can send an actual CD with
your graphic so you can see the full effect.