Free Quick Ship Discs ready

Todd Robinson todd at webpath.net
Fri Jul 31 18:30:47 UTC 2009

Vincent wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Todd Robinson <todd at webpath.net
> <mailto:todd at webpath.net>> wrote:
>
>     Ok, I received some really great input from the beta test. It
>     turned out
>     that just about everyone except American Express users had a problem
>     checking out with the product showing no cost. I'm told it is
>     because of
>     "fraud prevention" measures.
>
>     I've now taken a much more standard approach of using sets of direct
>     attributes and it looks like the Quick Ship service is ready to go.
>
>     When linking PLEASE link directly to the Quick Ship wiki page. It
>     contains important information and links to two separate pages to
>     obtain
>     discs. One for domestic U.S. the other world wide. It will also
>     reflect
>     any future changes to the program.
>     https://on-disk.com/cms/index.php?wiki=Quick_Ship_Free_Disc_Service
>
>     I'm wondering if any developers have an objection to me turning
>     off the
>     standard Xubuntu listing?
>     http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/707
>
>     Please let me know if there are any objections,
>     Todd
>

> OK then, I don't think anybody objected so I suppose I can add it to
> the website now. One question: should I still mark this as being a
> trial? Also, if you ever decide to stop this program, could you notify
> me and the xubuntu-devel list?
>
> Not sure what you mean by "turning off the standard Xubuntu listing" btw.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Vincent
It's no longer "beta", they are already going out the door. openSUSE is
going to be on board with it soon as well.

As for the "standard Xubuntu linting", we have been making Xubuntu discs
for a few years. In fact it was someone with Xubunut when 6.06 or 6.10
was out who first asked if we would include it in our catalog. That
listing incurs our standard $3.99 per CD charge though (plus shipping),
whereas the Quick Ship discs drop the $3.99 cost. I've went ahead and
turned off the prior listing simply because I'd hate for someone to
order and pay the $3.99 for a CD when it should have been free.

If you want to place a single link you can use this one:
http://on-disk.com/cms/index.php?wiki=Quick_Ship_Free_Disc_Service

If you want to place a link for strictly Xubuntu then there are two:
Xubuntu Quick Ship discs in the U.S.A.:
http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/866
Xubuntu Quick Ship discs World Wide:
http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/872

The above links will stay the same even when 9.10 is released, we'll
simply update the listings.

It's a bit crazy here today, hope I explained that well enough. If
something isn't clear please let me know.

Thank you,
Todd