Free Quick Ship Discs ready

Pasi Lallinaho open at knome.fi
Fri Jul 31 18:05:29 UTC 2009

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Todd Robinson <todd at webpath.net> wrote:
>
>> Ok, I received some really great input from the beta test. It turned out
>> that just about everyone except American Express users had a problem
>> checking out with the product showing no cost. I'm told it is because of
>> "fraud prevention" measures.
>>
>> I've now taken a much more standard approach of using sets of direct
>> attributes and it looks like the Quick Ship service is ready to go.
>>
>> When linking PLEASE link directly to the Quick Ship wiki page. It
>> contains important information and links to two separate pages to obtain
>> discs. One for domestic U.S. the other world wide. It will also reflect
>> any future changes to the program.
>> https://on-disk.com/cms/index.php?wiki=Quick_Ship_Free_Disc_Service
>>
>> I'm wondering if any developers have an objection to me turning off the
>> standard Xubuntu listing?
>> http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/707
>>
>> Please let me know if there are any objections,
>> Todd
>>

> OK then, I don't think anybody objected so I suppose I can add it to the
> website now. One question: should I still mark this as being a trial? Also,
> if you ever decide to stop this program, could you notify me and the
> xubuntu-devel list?
>
> Not sure what you mean by "turning off the standard Xubuntu listing" btw.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Vincent

Vincent,

If I understand correctly the Xubuntu disc won't be available as "normal"
On-disk.com purchase, but only as the Quick service, which is more manual
than the normal one.

And sure, I think we can already include a link on our website. Just make
sure it's not "official" or Canonical supported thing in any way but merely
a free software community effort.

--
Pasi Lallinaho
Xubuntu Marketing Lead