Free Quick Ship Discs ready

Pasi Lallinaho open at knome.fi
Fri Jul 31 19:41:12 BST 2009

2009/7/31 Todd Robinson <todd at webpath.net>

> Vincent wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Todd Robinson <todd at webpath.net
> > <mailto:todd at webpath.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     Ok, I received some really great input from the beta test. It
> >     turned out
> >     that just about everyone except American Express users had a problem
> >     checking out with the product showing no cost. I'm told it is
> >     because of
> >     "fraud prevention" measures.
> >
> >     I've now taken a much more standard approach of using sets of direct
> >     attributes and it looks like the Quick Ship service is ready to go.
> >
> >     When linking PLEASE link directly to the Quick Ship wiki page. It
> >     contains important information and links to two separate pages to
> >     obtain
> >     discs. One for domestic U.S. the other world wide. It will also
> >     reflect
> >     any future changes to the program.
> >     https://on-disk.com/cms/index.php?wiki=Quick_Ship_Free_Disc_Service
> >
> >     I'm wondering if any developers have an objection to me turning
> >     off the
> >     standard Xubuntu listing?
> >     http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/707
> >
> >     Please let me know if there are any objections,
> >     Todd
> >

> > OK then, I don't think anybody objected so I suppose I can add it to
> > the website now. One question: should I still mark this as being a
> > trial? Also, if you ever decide to stop this program, could you notify
> > me and the xubuntu-devel list?
> >
> > Not sure what you mean by "turning off the standard Xubuntu listing" btw.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Vincent
> It's no longer "beta", they are already going out the door. openSUSE is
> going to be on board with it soon as well.
>
> As for the "standard Xubuntu linting", we have been making Xubuntu discs
> for a few years. In fact it was someone with Xubunut when 6.06 or 6.10
> was out who first asked if we would include it in our catalog. That
> listing incurs our standard $3.99 per CD charge though (plus shipping),
> whereas the Quick Ship discs drop the $3.99 cost. I've went ahead and
> turned off the prior listing simply because I'd hate for someone to
> order and pay the $3.99 for a CD when it should have been free.
>
> If you want to place a single link you can use this one:
> http://on-disk.com/cms/index.php?wiki=Quick_Ship_Free_Disc_Service
>
> If you want to place a link for strictly Xubuntu then there are two:
> Xubuntu Quick Ship discs in the U.S.A.:
> http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/866
> Xubuntu Quick Ship discs World Wide:
> http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/872
>
> The above links will stay the same even when 9.10 is released, we'll
> simply update the listings.
>

> It's a bit crazy here today, hope I explained that well enough. If
> something isn't clear please let me know.
>

> Thank you,
> Todd

Suppose we could even link three times - once to the general info page plus
top both the regional pages. Plus maybe a direct link to on-disk.comhomepage ;)

I'm also interested in how the discs look and also whether we have a
possibility to affect the looks - I might put up some nice graphics if you
wanted.

Thanks!

--
Pasi Lallinaho