Call for testing: xfce4-power-manager

Cody A.W. Somerville cody-somerville at
Tue Jul 28 00:55:20 BST 2009

Hello Xubuntu Developers & Contributors,

 After a healthy discussion today on #xubuntu-devel, I've updated the
Xubuntu karmic seeds to replace gnome-power-manager with
xfce4-power-manager. This in no way an indication that we'll be shipping
xfce4-power-manager instead of gnome-power-manager for karmic but is instead
an opportunity for us to test, provide feedback, and improve
xfce4-power-manager. However, don't let my previous sentence be an
indication that we won't either - infact, I'm personally eager to see us
work out any kinks/problems there might be with xfce4-power-manager so that
we can!

*How can you help?*

Testers: please report bugs about power management against the
xfce4-power-manager package.
Bug Triagers: please triage and forward bugs upstream as appropriate.
Developers*:* please help submit and review patches.

*Quick Links:*

 * To report a bug against xfce4-power-manager, visit
 * To view all open bugs filed against xfce4-power-manager, visit
 * To forward a bug upstream, visit

A great collection of debugging procedures can be found on the Ubuntu wiki

For bug triage and upstream forwarding procedures, see

Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Systems Release Engineer
Foundations Team
Custom Engineering Solutions Group