GDM in Karmic

Simon Steinbeiß simon.steinbeiss at elfenbeinturm.at
Sat Jul 25 16:07:21 UTC 2009

I generally agree with what vidd said. I'm not sure whether it's good to try to modify
gdm as gnome seems to move away from modularity more and more.
I don't know enough about SLiM and xdm to really judge what's making them un/suitable,
only tried both once or twice. But I think a discussion about this could help to see how
much work it would be to make either of them suitable.

I also agree with vidd on the footprint perspective, even though I currently have no idea
what the new gdm weighs as I haven't started testing karmic yet.

Simon