Update from the Xubuntu Front
Cody A.W. Somerville
cody-somerville at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 14 02:21:19 UTC 2009
I hope everyone enjoyed any New Years celebrations that you may have taken
part in. Alpha 3 is now only two days away so we need to get back on track
and buckle in for the rest of the release cycle.
* Mario Limonciello has fixed the gnome-keyring-daemon issue today that was
resulting in the desktop not being able to start correctly. Kudos to Mario.
* Charlie has updated the testing pages so folks interested in helping test
the daily Xubuntu images should now have a better idea of how to effectively
do so. Please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo for
* Help grow the Xubuntu community! Its one of our goals for Jaunty. Take a
look at the following wiki page for different ideas brainstormed at UDS to
do just that:
* Once Alpha 3 is released, we'll start uploading Xfce 4.6 (hopefully using
the Xfce 4.6 beta 3 tarballs). When this occurs, we'll need your help in
testing so that we can stomp out as many bugs and regressions as possible in
time for the final release of Jaunty.
* If you're interested in helping contribute to Xubuntu documentation,
please bug Jim (j1mc) and Jannis (JPohlmann) on the #xubuntu-devel IRC
channel on Freenode! I'd really like to see the documentation be
successfully updated/overhauled in collaboration with upstream for Xfce 4.6.
* Any Xfce4 panel applet writers out there? I'm looking to hack up a native
panel applet for Xfce4 to enable user switching similar to the gnome user
switcher applet. :)
* Eager to help out but not sure how? Log onto our IRC channel on Freenode
(#xubuntu) and enjoy the company of others as you help answer questions and
support requests from other users and developers. ;]
Anyhow, I need to hit the sack for tonight. Hope to see you all on #xubuntu
and #xubuntu-devel sometime soon!!! :)
Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Systems Release Engineer
Custom Engineering Solutions Group
Canonical OEM Services
Email: cody.somerville at canonical.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the xubuntu-devel