Testing new Xubuntu features

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Thu Feb 19 00:13:24 UTC 2009

Am Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:41:45 -0600
schrieb Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at ubuntu.com>:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Jelle de Jong
> <jelledejong at powercraft.nl>wrote:
>

> > Hi Jim,
> >
> > Will the new release contain the beta/alpha 4.6 releases of the
> > xfce team?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Jelle
> >

> Hi Jelle,
>
> Yes, Xfce 4.6rc1 is currently in the Jaunty repos and is currently
> included in the default Xubuntu installation image.
>
> It looks like the Xfce developers will be releasing 4.6 final within
> the next few days

You shouldn't have said that ... ;) Actually, we still have a lot of
work to do before we can do the release. The website needs a lot of
updates, we probably need a new user guide, we need to create the
tarballs and installers, we need to upload the API documentation and
finally prepare a decent release announcement. So don't hold your
breath.

  - Jannis