Xubuntu website, release announcement and release notes

Cody A.W. Somerville cody-somerville at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 22 00:30:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to check in with everyone regarding final preparations for
> release. These items may have been discussed on IRC, but I figured it would
> be good to check anyway. Please note that I'm writing this with no intention
> of providing an exhaustive list of tasks, but as a prompt to start
> discussions and confirm remaining tasks.

Thanks for sending this e-mail.

Here is where I'm writing the release announcement/release notes:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/JauntyJackalope/Final

> What are people's plans for updating the website? Do we have a news
> announcement planned? With the Beta, I think we just took some of the
> wording from the release announcement.

We'll have the something on the website at
http://xubuntu.org/news/9.04-release

Is there a way to check what mirrors are working?

Manually looking

> Are there any features that are not included in the RC release announcement
> that you feel should be mentioned? In the final announcement? As a note,
> Steve Langasek's current draft of the Ubuntu release announcement points to
> this page ( https://wiki.ubuntu.com/9.04/Xubuntu ) for Xubuntu's release
> announcement.

Updated to point at website

> With regard to the release notes, it appears as though some elements that
> are specific to Kubuntu are being included in the Ubuntu release notes. Is
> there any chance of including  known Xubuntu issues on the same page (
> http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/904 )?  If not, we could copy
> the relevant items onto a wiki page, and add our Xubuntu-specific items from
> there.

I'm sure we can.

> Thanks, all,
>
> Jim