Inclusion of gpicview: wise choice?

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Sun Apr 19 19:44:04 UTC 2009

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 20:52:21 +0200
Giuseppe Torelli <colossus73 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Xubuntu Jaunty. I noticed you people included gpicview as
> picture viewer. I'm wondering if this is a good choice since gpicview
> is not able to display the exif date inside the jpeg pictures. I would
> like to know more about this thanks.

While we do appreciate your comment, did you have an alternative to
suggest? If the developers did not think gpicview was a good choice, it
would not be included. However, there is a willingness to look at other
applications to determine suitability in Xubuntu.

--
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Quality Assurance Lead