Invitation to xubuntu-dev accepted by cody-somerville

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Sat Mar 22 11:46:26 UTC 2008

Cody A.W. Somerville wrote:
> Currently, the Xubuntu-dev team is restricted to members who should be
> able to make changes to the Xubuntu seeds. A side effect is that it also
> helps identify individuals who specifically contribute and lead in the
> area of development. Currently I am the only members but as other
> individuals in our community get seriously involved in the packaging and
> development of Xubuntu, the team will grow. The xubuntu-team, a more
> general purpose leadership group, also contains members who contribute
> by packaging but to a lesser extent.
>
> I hope this answers your question.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cody
>
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 9:42 PM, Jelle de Jong
> <jelledejong at powercraft.nl <mailto:jelledejong at powercraft.nl>> wrote:
>
>     Xubuntu Team wrote:
>      > Hello Xubuntu Developers,
>      >
>      > Cody A.W. Somerville (cody-somerville) has accepted the invitation to
>      > make Xubuntu Developers (xubuntu-dev) a member of Xubuntu Team
>     (xubuntu-
>      > team).
>      > <https://edge.launchpad.net/~xubuntu-team
>     <https://edge.launchpad.net/%7Exubuntu-team>>
>      >
>     Wat does it take to get accepted to the xubuntu-dev team, i cant see any
>     join options?
>
>     Kind regards,
>
>     Jelle

Hi Cody,

This sounds fine for me, i hope to have some packages ready for the next
release, and go through the process of getting into xubuntu-dev. On this
moment i am working on two new software systems.

Just to make sure the rest of the community doest get upset, I strongly
advice you to put the hole process of xubuntu-dev and the surrounding
issues on a good wiki page. This will create more hard needed
transparency in the xubuntu community. (I read your post on ubuntu-devel)

Kind regards,

Jelle