Artwork testing

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 22:19:38 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jmak,
>

> On 3/14/08, jmak <jozmak at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > We have a login box scaling problem. I ask everyone on the list to
> > help pinpoint the source of the glitch. Please install the login
> > background graphic, the login box and the Xubuntu.xml file to see any
> > misbehavior. On my computer, the login box works perfectly well but on
> > others it wont scale.
> >
> > The installation directory is: /usr/share/gdm/themes/xubuntu
> >
> > Get the artworks from here:
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Xubuntu/Hardy
> >
> > And report any problem.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > jmak
>

> Do we just need to copy and paste the files into that folder (having made
> backups of the items that are currently in place before doing so)?  Please
> advise.

Jim,

Backup your background.png, text.png and Xubuntu.xml. Copy the new
artworks in the directory and rename them as background.png, text.png
and Xubuntu.xml.
Log out and the new setup should show.

Here is the bug.
http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotrw7.png

Notice that the username text, login box, language and sessions wont
scale and doesn't fit into the box below. But it suppose to.

jmak