seed changes + Squeeze

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 13:44:17 UTC 2008

Hi All,

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Jani Monoses <jani at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Ok it looks like both the old and current packages are on the CDs
>
> LiveCD
>
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily-live/20080228/hardy-desktop-i386.manifest/screen
> Alternate
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily/20080228/hardy-alternate-i386.list
>
> They seem to have both gnome-screensaver and xscreensaver, squeeze and
> file-roller.
> Maybe some of this caused the recent overflow of alternate ISOs ?

It also looks like we're including the "onBoard" and "onBoard Settings"
applications.  Those were just recently added, too, and may be contributing
to the oversized ISOs.

By the way, I've tried out the updated version of Squeeze.  I extracted some
archives of different formats, and created a new archive.  It worked just
fine.

If others agree that it works well, I would like for us to give Squeeze a
shot as the default archive application (vs. file-roller).  Could others
test the updated version and report back on their experiences?

Thanks to Lionel and Jérôme for following-up on Squeeze's bug 187928 and
getting it fixed/updated.

Jim