Reminder: Important Xubuntu Community Meeting June 18th @ 8:00pm UTC

Cody A.W. Somerville cody-somerville at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 15 12:33:16 UTC 2008

Hello Everyone,

 Just a friendly reminder of the important Xubuntu community meeting
that is scheduled to take place this Wednesday, June 18th @ 2000
(8:00pm) UTC. At this meeting, we will discuss the second draft of the
Xubuntu strategy document which is an revised version based on
community feedback. This meeting will allow interested parties
(Xubuntu developers, Xubuntu community members, Xubuntu users, and
anyone interested in seeing Xubuntu being successful) to discuss the
document and ways that we can improve it. Suggestions and feedback
gathered at this hour long meeting will be used to to produce the
final draft.

 A second meeting is scheduled for June 21st @ 5:00pm (1700) UTC. At
this meeting, we will discuss the priorities and specifications for
Intrepid for roughly half an hour to three quarters of an hour.
Following, we will all hop on Gobby and work on improving the document
collaboratively (particular the standards procedures section). By the
end of this meeting, we will have a set of goals for Intrepid and the
candidate Xubuntu strategy document.

On June 23rd, I will announce (if all goes well) the official
ratification of the Xubuntu strategy document and the official goals
for Intrepid. I believe this schedule provides ample opportunity for
individual community members to express their ideas, concerns,
frustrations, excitement, approval, etc. and will result in a document
that is supported and legitimized by its community.

I encourage everyone with an interest in the Xubuntu project to come
and participate in these meetings; it is an excellent opportunity to
get involved in a great project. Feel free to contact me with any
questions or comments you may have otherwise I look forward to seeing
you all in #ubuntu-meeting on June 18th and June 21st.

Thank you,

--
Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Engineer