usplash artwork is ready for testing

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 23:13:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 8:12 PM, George Brooke
<solar.george at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:15:49 +0000
> jmak <jozmak at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> The usplash artwork is ready for testing.
>>
>> Download it from here:
>>
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid
>>
>> Also look at the screenshot to get an idea how it should look like.
>>
>> jmak
>>

> Could you provide installation instructions?
>
> solar.george

These are the instructions:

$sudo apt-get build-dep usplash-theme-ubuntu

in a working dir

$apt-get source usplash-theme-ubuntu

in there you have all the pngs and progress bar artwork

modify at will then

$debuild -us -uc

this will create a .deb file in the parent working dir

$sudo dpkg -i usplash-theme-ubuntu_0.17_i386.deb (or whatever it will be called)

$sudo update-alternatives --config usplash-artwork.so

you should see two line. Press the number you which to make default
(probably 2 for ubuntu)

then

$sudo dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-`uname -r`

it should take effect now

p.s

You also need to install, "devscripts" and "fakeroot"

Unfortunately on my hardy machine the throbber doesn't work. I don't
know about intrepid. Also the wide screen version of the usplash is
not chosen but the regular one, which shows distorted. Maybe, we need
the help of someone who understands more in depth about usplash to
iron out this bug.

jmak