Xubuntu Intrepid Alpha 2 informal test

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 02:33:28 UTC 2008

Charlie Kravetz wrote:

> Thanks for trying to make Xubuntu better. The website is being reviewed and will be corrected. Here is a correct link to the testing page:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing

Noted.

> It will even more if you report the results of you testing here:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo
> so that the other testers know to watch for these issues.

Maybe next time.  The tracker is at Alpha 3 and I have to deploy the
system with Hardy soon.

> Could you file bug reports on these issues if there aren't any? This lets the developers see what is happening and helps them know what to fix.

The Totem problem went away with more updates.  I added Gnome to test
bug #251337 (shutdown problem with ssh session active) and found that
Gnome's mixer insisted on routing everything to the on-board piezo
while XFCE worked correctly. (bug #251350).

After adding ubuntu-desktop I don't have a splash screen anymore.
Problem solved. :D

The create archive problem also disappeared.  I don't know if it's
from an update or by adding ubunutu-desktop some dependency was fixed.

Synaptic quick search problem previously reported as bug 244619.

System Monitor File System tab crash went away.

> Xubuntu with Xfce has never tried to be a clone of the gnome desktop.

I was joking.  I observed the flame war a few months ago that Jono
helped resolve so I know all about it.

The XDG implementation problem affecting Wine is bug 250684.