About the Xubuntu website

Mon Jul 14 19:22:12 UTC 2008

Hey guys,

I'm currently reading up on the meeting log. Unfortunately I couldn't
attend, but when it comes to the website, I think I might be able to help a
little bit.

Regarding the following:

[14:28] <technolalia> keeping news, links and release notes up to date
needs to be done regularly

I'm already doing this and will continue to do so :) (Well, except for the
release notes, though I might also be able to do so if I do do a timely
upgrade for 8.10)

Regarding the theme:

I'm fluent with CSS. My problem with Drupal is that I don't know its HTML
(which is easy to overcome, i.e. easy to grasp). What's more important,
though, is whether other stylesheets are loaded with Drupal. Do I need to
work around those?

My second problem is time. At the moment, I've got a very long holiday so,
when I'm not gone, I should have a lot of time to work on it. However, this
means the theme itself should be finished pretty soon so I can spend some
holiday time working on it before I start my university classes. Would that
be possible?

I think that this time I can attend the website team meeting (Tuesday 18:00
UTC right?), my IRC nickname is vinnl (used to be vinze).

Vincent