Test the working GDM beta

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 04:54:17 UTC 2008

On 7/12/08, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've put together a working GDM based on Jozsef's artwork samples.  You can
> download and use the tar.gz gdm theme archive from the Intrepid Artwork wiki
> page [1].
>
> I've also put up a theme (screenshots on the same page) that I've worked on.
>  It isn't finished, so thoughts, suggestions, comments are welcome.

Hello Jim,

Nice work. I like it. I have one comment though. We have to decide,
right now that we continue with the traditional design, or join in
with unbuntu and kubuntu and choose a flat design. Those who don't
know the differences here is a mockup that explains.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6897/flatnotflatlv7.png

The main point with the flat design is not that trendy but rather it
is more efficient from the visual point of view because it eliminates
as much visual noises as possible.
Note to everybody: we dont talk about personal preferences here but
visual efficiency, unity and coherence of the desktop. If you comment
please dont say, I like it or I dont like. Those are not arguments.

One more thing, the icons. Are we ever going to get rid of the tango
icons? There are some icon themes on the wiki, what do you think about
them?

jmak