Xubuntu on PowerPC (ports)

Harold Johnson harold.johnson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 18:02:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> The flip-side of that is those running older hardware would be most likely
> to want to run Xubuntu (vs. Ubuntu or Kubuntu).

Exactly precisely correct. Xubuntu is *made* for folks like us --
folks who have older hardware. I recently picked up a PowerBook G3
"FireWire", AKA "Pismo" that currently runs Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" but
not the latest release (10.5 "Leopard"); Tiger will become less useful
as time goes by and it'll be great to be able to install the latest
version of Xubuntu to keep our hardware going.

That's all I wanted to say; I don't know anything about the team (if
there is still one) working on a PPC build.

Harold