gnome apps

Olivier Keun olivier at capstone.nl
Sat Feb 23 16:57:30 UTC 2008

Jim Campbell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Per Lionel's note to the list, here are my thoughts:
>
> [...]
>
> -- ristretto  - +1.  not a great deal of functionality, but certainly no
> worse than gqview.  seems to work ok.  cleaner ui than gqview, too.
>
> [...]
>
> Thanks, all,
> Jim

As for Ristretto, i really don't like and/or (want to) use it myself. I
find it unintuitive and featureless in the wrong places. The program i
currently use and am quite fond of is GPicView:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=180858&package_id=245164

(Lastest version 0.1.9, version in hardy repo is 0.1.7)

It is tiny -- about half the size installed of Ristretto -- and desktop
agnostic (only pure gtk+ required). It also feels more stable than
Ristretto, which crashes now and then on my system when i browse through
images quickly.

GPicView supports drag&drop, which is something i really miss in
Ristretto as well.