Xubuntu Artwork

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:36:06 UTC 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 10:29 AM, Vincent <imnotb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/02/2008, George Brooke <solar.george at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I know that there's a bit of a disagreement going on at the moment - but
> > is there any work going on on artwork for xubuntu - the wiki pages seem
> > to be out of date - broken links ect.
>
> And a related question: I read Ubuntu won't be renewing the artwork until
> LTS+1. I recall that the artwork update in Xubuntu was also because it's was
> a (semi-?) LTS release. Ubuntu decided against it because now you have
> polished artwork for the LTS and can start afresh for the next release to
> have polished artwork for the next LTS. Will Xubuntu do the same?

I revised the art-wiki page; this is the new address.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Xubuntu/Hardy

The new artwork for ubuntu has been postponed (again). So there is
nothing left for us to synchronize our artwork with. I think we can
safely disregard ubuntu's artwork redesign plans. These plans are on
the agenda since dapper, (I know because back then I also participated
in the project) but as you can seen nothing has happened ever since.
They have a very disorganized and frustrating process in place and I
doubt that they will come up with any professional design anytime
soon, unless they change their working process.
But back to xubuntu; regarding the theming, let's wait for Cimi's new
Murrina theme that he is working on. If he will release it in time and
come up with something interesting we can take a look at it, if not we
can keep the Gutsy theme. Or if anyone has other suggestion,  comments
are welcome.
The new wallpaper and login screen are almost done. But we need to
know all the bits and pieces before deciding on the general look and
feel of the desktop. I also would like some info about the usplash
program because it was broken in gutsy and we couldn't implement our
throbber design.
Also look at the icon suggestions on the wiki. Ideas are welcome.

jmak

http://jozmak.blogspot.com/