Xubuntu and LTS?

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Mon Feb 11 19:33:32 UTC 2008

În data de Lu, 11-02-2008 la 19:59 +0100, Vincent a scris:

> On 11/02/2008, Radomir Dopieralski <xubuntu at sheep.art.pl> wrote:
>
>         > OK, does anyone have any suggestions for a better term than
>         "LTS" to use for
>         > Xubuntu?
>
>         "Based on Ubuntu LTS" maybe?
>
> Hmm, so the current
>
> "Version 6.06, codename Dapper Drake, is the latest stable release
> with Long Term Support. It will receive security updates until June
> 2009."
>
> would be come something like
>
> "Version 6.06, codename Dapper Drake, is the latest stable release,
> based on an Ubuntu version with Long Term Support. It will receive
> security updates until June 2009."
>
> I think that sentence could be done better but I currently lack the
> inspiration to come up with one :(

Just my 2 cents.

Why do you insist on using the „codename”. I know they are used just for
the development phase and after that the system is named 6.06.

Seeing „codenames” associated to every ubuntu version make me think at a
super underground top secret project.

In my opinion for general use Ubuntu should be named just Ubuntu 6.06
and it was designed to be simple.

Have fun!

--
Adi Roiban