seed changes

Vincent imnotb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 19:16:10 GMT 2008

On 11/02/2008, Jérôme Guelfucci <jerome.guelfucci at gmail.com> wrote:

> For xscreensaver, I don't know, for me it consummes the half of what
> gnome-screensaver consumes in RAM, and I'm not the only one to prefer
> it in Xubuntu (I think Jim spoke about this). Again, if there are
> issues with xscreensaver, file a bug and we will forward it upstream.

My main problem with xscreensaver is that it doesn't work nicely when there
are multiple users on your computer. While I understand that most people
here are often the only ones to use their computer, my computer is also
often used by my sister. When I am away for a minute with my screen locked,
she likes to log in at her own account to check her email and stuff.
Or when I am downloading something in my account, but then do not really
need to use the computer anymore, it is very handy when she can log in at
her own account with mine logged on in the background, so that I can log
back in once she is done.
All this is very easy with gnome-screensaver and IMHO valid arguments to
keep it.

Best,
--
Vincent