seed changes

Jani Monoses jani at
Tue Feb 5 17:40:03 UTC 2008

Kaspar Kööp wrote:
>     Where did you get that idea? Xubuntu should ship what is best for users
>     not be guided by something as void of substance as 'ships Xfce'.
>     And I prefer not to reread Jerome's mails as the ones he wrote so far on
>     the subject duck the issue and only contain ideology.
> hmm... are you saying that ideology is not important? i think there is

I said 'only ideology'. And yes, only ideology is dangerous, if it is
the negative type that drives those who want Xubuntu 'not be Ubuntu' or
'not be a GNOME clone'. I am not sure what other stated goal could be
further from being technical, feature or user oriented, or devoid of
I have been repeatedly asking for reason for the changes and noone has
come forward with them, just as noone has successfully defended them
during Gutsy.

Does tha mean that I abuse my so called powers or that you really have
no better case than putting Xubuntu together based on what you do not
want it to be, being vague about technical issues, and making up user
requirements, and cannot reasonably argue in favor of your point of view?