gnome apps

Lionel Le Folgoc (mr_pouit) mrpouit at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:27:36 UTC 2008

Jani Monoses a écrit :
> Hi

Hi,

> I am awaiting for an answer to these questions, otherwise please revert
> the seeds back to where they were in 7.10, except maybe ristretto, and
> start changing things only after discussed.

"Do what I say not what I do."
Do you understand that you are blaming us for doing the same thing you
did during gutsy development? You changed the seeds and then asked on
the mailing list, do you remember?
Thus you're not the right person for speaking about open development
process.

There are several people subscribed to this mailing list, they can all
give their opinion about the choices we made on the seeds. If most of
them think we should revert all these changes and put the seeds back to
where they were in 7.10, of course we'll revert.
But your opinion counts only for one vote, and so far, two people said
that xubuntu gutsy was slower and heavier than the previous releases. So
for the moment, the seeds are not going to change.

I would be glad if as many people as possible on this list could give
their opinion about the seeds[*], this way we could really call this an
open development process...

Cheers,
Lionel

[*] You can look at the seeds directly
(http://codebrowse.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-seeds/xubuntu.hardy/files,
below the "== Xfce Desktop == " line in 'desktop' file), or the
dependencies of the xubuntu-desktop metapackage in hardy
(http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/metapackages/xubuntu-desktop)

--
Lionel Le Folgoc - https://launchpad.net/~mrpouit
EEBA 555E 0CDE 92BB 3AF4  4AB3 45A0 357B 5179 5910