Things that should be done early on in the Xubuntu release cycle

David Collins david.8.collins at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 20:06:53 UTC 2008

If most people think it is a good idea to uncheck "Save session for
future logins" as a default, then go ahead.

I might be unusual, but when I started using Xubuntu (coming from
Windows) this was a feature that impressed me.  Windows XP remembers if
you have explorer running when you exit (and I think that is just an
accident of programming), and that's about it.  If this feature hadn't
been on by default in Xubuntu, then it might have taken me a year to
discover it - well a couple of months. :)

In the end, with requests like this, I guess you have to make some sort
of intelligent guess about what you think the majority of new users
would like.