Want to contribute to - Xubuntu Documentation Browser

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 19 17:19:12 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 10:50, Cody A.W. Somerville <
cody-somerville at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I've received the following interesting e-mail.
>
> Jannis: Do you think you could follow up with Dinesh? I think a light
> weight "xfce4 documentation browser" would be beneficial to everyone instead
> of having to launch firefox or some other web browser. :)
>
> Cheers,

Cody and Jannis, I would be curious to know how development of a
xubuntu-doc-browser would result in us not using yelp to display Xubuntu
docs for the 9.04 release.  I have scripts together to adapt the Ubuntu docs
to Xubuntu, but if this xubuntu-doc-browser can display ghelp links, we
would have no problem.

Per my discussions with Jannis on the phone at UDS, we could modify xfhelp4
to launch yelp, launching any xfce docs in yelp.

Jim