Things that should be done early on in the Xubuntu release cycle

David Collins david.8.collins at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 00:52:25 GMT 2008

I re-read the article, but I still can't see a real problem - to quote -
'did not noticed this checkbox and forget to uncheck'.  (Referring to the
'Save Session for Future Logins' checkbox that clearly appears every time
you log out.)

It is not just this small issue that is my concern.  It is more a concern
about strategy when marketing Xubuntu.  I have been using Xubuntu for about
18 months, have been subscribed to the Xubuntu-users mailing list for that
time, and am still finding out about great features in XFCE and Xubuntu.  I
think the Xubuntu community need a strategy where it advertises the great
features - and one way this is done is by setting defaults so that the nice
features are enabled - and, of course, also make it easy to disable these if
they are not wanted.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth. :)

And Merry Christmas!