Xubuntu new package request

John Kerr Anderson riokerr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 02:15:16 UTC 2008

Dear Xubuntu developers:

I have been using Debian and later Xubuntu since 1999 so I am quite familiar
with the OS in general.

To make it easier for people still relying on dial-up connections I have
discovered the
http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-modemlights-plugin
"Modem Lights" plugin and have compiled it from source which I find is
very easy way for even novice users to simply connect and disconnect from
the internet.  It isn't fancy but elegant much like Xubuntu in its
simplicity.

I have created a .deb package and would like to contribute it so that more
users could benefit from this handy applet, without having to download source
packages and what not.  I have read the Ubuntu web site and it appears I need
to send it to two (2) Ubuntu Developers in order to get it approved.  I figured
since you the Xubuntu Developers, two of you might be able to help?

I am not huge into programming but figured others could benefit from my
contribution.  If you can be of any help please let me know.

Respectfully yours,

John Kerr Anderson