aesthetics

Mon Aug 4 10:15:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 2:57 AM, jmak <jozmak at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 6:52 PM, jmak <jozmak at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> But we still haven't decided on the new icon theme.
> >
> > Pick one that fits the rest and is complete, then report it, I'd say :)
> > --
>
> Icon theme: xubuntu studio
> Window decorator: Tyrex --a flat decorator

I don't know what Tyrex looks like, but I trust your judgement :). Have you
filed it at Launchpad?

> I am thinking about increasing the default icon size from 32 to 48
> pixels. Looks good on larger monitors. 20 inches. I wonder how this
> size would look on smaller screens.

How can I set that for my panel?

> If we pick Unity as our default theme the panel color should be:
> bg[NORMAL] = "#d6d6d6"
> -Add this line to the panel code just above the 'xthickness = 0' line.

As Jari said, that should be a modification of Unity of course :) (Wasn't it
possible to specify application-specific background colours? I believe there
even was an option to theme panels. If so, this might even be an idea to
suggest upstream :)

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Jesus Meneses <jesusm0812 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry for interrupt this discussion, but if we meant to mae xubuntu
> more appealing to the view we should take this theme as an example of good
> taste, functionality and damn straight HOT!
> http://www.xfce-look.org/content/show.php/Elegant+Brit?content=74553
>
> This theme has been evolving from a simple GTK theme and already has GDM,
> Splash screen, guifications, and some icons on the way.

Nice, though as Jari said, it's probably not very well suited to be default.
I'm going to try it though :)

> Once again, sorry for interrupt

I for one appreciate all input :)

--