aesthetics

Dave Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 09:33:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 10:57 +0300, Jari Rahkonen wrote:
> jmak kirjoitti:
> >> If we pick Unity as our default theme the panel color should be:
> > bg[NORMAL] = "#d6d6d6"
> > -Add this line to the panel code just above the 'xthickness = 0' line.
> >
> > jmak
> >

> Hardcoding the color will be a pain for everyone who switches to another
> theme. The panel specific theming should be added to the Unity gtkrc
> instead. Of course, that might have been what you meant.
>
> - Jari

Things like this make XFCE feel like a modern OS
http://bp2.blogger.com/_o9XphA5b4fA/R7h5WGS4b8I/AAAAAAAAAGY/2U7z5zr1oCQ/s400/Screenshot-9.png

I understand that by making Xubuntu feel like Ubuntu that it won't feel
so foreign to people, but how many user actually mod there desktop?

I think it is about time that Xubuntu grew up.... I think that following
the Ubuntu ethos is good but sticking to it like glue make the Xubuntu
desktop feel dated.

KDE4 looks fantastic and it looks completely different from either
Ubuntu or Kubuntu previously.  However you still know that Kubuntu is a
related project.  Why can Xubuntu not do something similar?
--
Seek That Thy Might Know