aesthetics

Jesus Meneses jesusm0812 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 07:47:45 UTC 2008

I'm sorry for interrupt this discussion, but if we meant to mae xubuntu more
appealing to the view we should take this theme as an example of good taste,
functionality and damn straight HOT!
http://www.xfce-look.org/content/show.php/Elegant+Brit?content=74553

This theme has been evolving from a simple GTK theme and already has GDM,
Splash screen, guifications, and some icons on the way.

Once again, sorry for interrupt

2008/8/4 Erik Xian <erikxian at gmail.com>

> jmak wrote:

> >> Pick one that fits the rest and is complete, then report it, I'd say :)
> >> --
> >>

> > Icon theme: xubuntu studio
> > Window decorator: Tyrex --a flat decorator
> >
> > I am thinking about increasing the default icon size from 32 to 48
> > pixels. Looks good on larger monitors. 20 inches. I wonder how this
> > size would look on smaller screens.
> > If we pick Unity as our default theme the panel color should be:
> > bg[NORMAL] = "#d6d6d6"
> > -Add this line to the panel code just above the 'xthickness = 0' line.
> >
> > jmak
> >

> Hi. I don't know if I'm permitted to interject into this discussion, but
> I felt the need to respond. I used to increase the default icon size to
> 48 every time I installed Xubuntu until I began to notice that it took
> an absurd amount of space. While it does indeed look nice on larger
> monitors, on smaller monitors, it feels sort of strange to me. Of
> course, this wouldn't be a problem if icon spacing weren't proportional
> to the size of the icon…
>
> —Erik

Mis Blogs:
http://elblognoexiste.blogspot.com