aesthetics

Erik Xian erikxian at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 01:46:43 UTC 2008

jmak wrote:

>> On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 6:52 PM, jmak <jozmak at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> But we still haven't decided on the new icon theme.
>>>
>> Pick one that fits the rest and is complete, then report it, I'd say :)
>> --
>>

> Icon theme: xubuntu studio
> Window decorator: Tyrex --a flat decorator
>
> I am thinking about increasing the default icon size from 32 to 48
> pixels. Looks good on larger monitors. 20 inches. I wonder how this
> size would look on smaller screens.
> If we pick Unity as our default theme the panel color should be:
> bg[NORMAL] = "#d6d6d6"
> -Add this line to the panel code just above the 'xthickness = 0' line.
>
> jmak

Hi. I don't know if I'm permitted to interject into this discussion, but
I felt the need to respond. I used to increase the default icon size to
48 every time I installed Xubuntu until I began to notice that it took
an absurd amount of space. While it does indeed look nice on larger
monitors, on smaller monitors, it feels sort of strange to me. Of
course, this wouldn't be a problem if icon spacing weren't proportional
to the size of the icon…

—Erik