aesthetics

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 20:25:05 UTC 2008

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 7:38 PM, jmak <jozmak at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Please read this article.
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=9419
>>
>>  I have been advocating something similar since day one, but always
>> ignored. We need to pay more attention to xubuntu's aesthetics.
>
> The gist of that article as I see it is that not too many people should be
> working on Ubuntu's artwok - and those who do, should be good at it. What
> kind of reply do you expect here?

Vincent,

I posted this link to draw attention to the visual features that
should be given more priority in xubuntu.
One component doesn't make the desktop "pretty" (like many people
mistakenly believe, for instance wallpaper) but all the components
(usplash, gdm, theme, icons, panel, fonts) together. Like in the
symphony, every instruments have to work, in accord with each other

Yes, after so many years, they start realizing that the programmers
paradigm doesn't work in art (that everyone does a bit and at the end
put all the bits and pieces together). This method produces a horrible
patchwork.

jmak