Default image app

jd hartland jd_hartland at
Sat Apr 26 19:53:07 BST 2008

This is the first time I have ever joined a mailing list, so I hope I'm doing this right. I absolutely love Xubuntu and run it on a PC with specs that don't require a lightweight distro. But I wanna see it improve so I wanna be critical of it.

I just installed 8.04 and I was disappointed when I tried to open an image and was greeted by the Gimp splash screen. I don't think there's any reason in hell for the default app for opening images to be a professional image editing tool. I don't understand the logic of it when there is an image viewer installed by default. To be frank I'm annoyed that every time I install Xubuntu for anyone I'm going to have to remember to change this for them.

Seriously guys, why have the gimp as default?

Bag extra points with the Walkers Brit Trip Game